8 Ways to Celebrate Global Running Day
June 2, 2021|8 Ways to Celebrate Global Running Day|
The first Wednesday in June is Global Running Day, and the Williams Route 66 Marathon absolutely loves to celebrate this holiday every year. Global Running Day is held just a few weeks before our official training kickoff event, the First Mile (held on June 24, 2021 at Fleet Feet Broken Arrow from 5 – 7 pm), so it gets us primed and ready for a great summer of running. In addition to going for a run on Global Running Day, of course, there are also tons of other ways to celebrate. Here are a few of our favorites!
- Sign up for a race and support the return of in-person racing in 2021! We might be biased, but we think the Williams Route 66 Marathon is the best choice.
- Pay a visit to your local running store and get fitted for a new pair of running shoes to start your summer training off right.
- Try running in a new place, whether it’s a different route through your neighborhood, the next town over, or a local track.
- Mix up your speed. If you always run at around the same speed, try speeding up for a shorter workout or slowing down for a long run.
- Check out local running-related nonprofit organizations and see how you can help foster the love of running in others. Might we suggest Kicks for Kids?
- Sign up for a virtual race with your friends to build up your excitement for in-person racing.
- Read a book about a famous runner.
- Listen to a running podcast for interviews with your favorite elite athletes and everyday runners just like you.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, we hope you have a wonderful Global Running Day!
Leave a Comment