Home - About Us
The Williams Route 66 Marathon, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2006, and our participants have been rocking the Route ever since! Founded with the goals of establishing a marquee athletic event in Tulsa and showing off the city to out-of-town guests, the annual event now contributes more than $8 million per year to the local economy and hosts approximately 10,000 participants from all 50 states and 10 countries. The Williams Route 66 Marathon includes an entire weekend packed with exciting events, including the Health and Fitness Expo (free and open to the public), marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 5k run and walk, one-mile fun run and walk, and mascot dash.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, the Williams Route 66 Marathon is focused on creating an exceptional event for both our participants and the community. Kicks for Kids is the Williams Route 66 Marathon’s very own charity! Serving youth in Tulsa’s underserved Title I schools, participants in the program receive a free pair of running shoes, a free t-shirt, coaching by one of our marathon directors, and the chance to participate in the Route 66 5k for free!
The Williams Route 66 Marathon would not be possible without the support of our community, so we want to make sure they feel the love in return!
Of course, an event like this doesn’t happen overnight or without the help of many talented and dedicated volunteers! The Williams Route 66 Marathon Executive Board is comprised of some of Tulsa’s finest, and they devote themselves each year to ensuring a successful event for the entire community.
Our Executive Board members are:
- Executive Director of the Marathon: Destiny Green (Non-Voting Member)
- President of the Board: Steve Udrisky, VP Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Vice President of the Board: Jennifer Miller, CFO, Tanner Consulting
- Treasurer: Jeff Frable, Owner, Partner – CCK Strategie
- Secretary: Derek England, Information Security Analyst, ONEOK
- Member at Large: Lauren Donald, Assistant Dean for Experiential Learning, Director of Externships, The University of Tulsa College of Law
- Member at Large: Tim Fisher, Managing Partner, Fisher & Fisher Law Firm
- Trustee: Route 66 Marathon, Inc. Doug Turner, CFO, Mainer Auto Group