Home - About Us
The Williams Route 66 Marathon, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2006, and our participants have been rocking the Route ever since! Founded with the goals of establishing a marquee athletic event in Tulsa and showing off the city to out-of-town guests, the annual event now contributes more than $8 million per year to the local economy and hosts approximately 14,000 participants from all 50 states and 20 countries. Currently, in its fourteenth year, the Williams Route 66 Marathon includes an entire weekend packed with exciting events, including the Health and Fitness Expo (free and open to the public), marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 5k run and walk, one-mile fun run and walk, and mascot dash.
As a 501(c)(3) organization, the Williams Route 66 Marathon is focused on creating an exceptional event for both our participants and the community. The Williams Route 66 Marathon annually donates more than $50,000 to six local charities and fundraises for these organizations through our Charity Challenge program. Participants are able to earn a free race entry when they fundraise for the official charity of their choice! The Williams Route 66 Marathon would not be possible without the support of our community, so we want to make sure they feel the love in return!
Of course, an event like this doesn’t happen overnight or without the help of many talented and dedicated volunteers! The Williams Route 66 Marathon Executive Board is comprised of some of Tulsa’s finest, and they devote themselves each year to ensuring a successful event for the entire community.
Our 2019 Executive Board members are:
- Executive Director of the Marathon: Destiny Green (Non-Voting Member)
- Chairman of the Board: Tim Fisher, Managing Partner, Fisher & Fisher Law Firm
- Vice Chairman of the Board: Tim Dreiling, Owner, Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa
- Treasurer: Jeff Frable, Owner, Partner – CCK Strategie
- Secretary: Jennifer Miller, CFO, Tanner Consulting
- Member at Large: Steve Udrisky, VP Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Member at Large: Daniel Ketchum, Shareholder, Hall Estill Law Firm
- Trustee: Route 66 Marathon, Inc. Doug Turner, COO/CFO, Mainer Auto Group