A Historic Route. A Legendary Race.
The Williams Route 66 Marathon will be held on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 8:00 am. The course will be closed to traffic for 6.5 hours, and all participants finishing in under 7.5 hours will receive an official finish time. We are walker friendly!
Run on America’s Highway! The Williams Route 66 Marathon showcases the best of what Tulsa has to offer! Start your race in downtown Tulsa, home of the largest concentration of Art Deco architecture outside of Miami, and then make your way through Tulsa’s vibrant and diverse neighborhoods and the campus of Tulsa University. If there’s one thing you can count on at the Williams Route 66 Marathon, it’s tons of on-course support from the local community and plenty of fun. Our neighborhoods host block parties all along the course to welcome and cheer on the runners, and you might just find an unofficial “aid station” or two!
- 7.5 hour time limit
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is a USATF certified course
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is a Boston Qualifier (see Boston Athletics Association for qualifying times)
- Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
Take the option to add on an extra 0.3-miles onto your race at the Center of the Universe Detour for the “World’s Shortest Ultramarathon,” or head straight to the finish at Guthrie Green and enjoy the post-race party! Participants who stand at the center of the brick circle (the Center of the Universe) and talk or shout will hear themselves echo, but others outside the circle will not hear the echo. Crazy! In true Route 66 fashion, you’ll earn a Michelob Ultra beer as your reward and receive a special commemorative coin! The Center of the Universe is also an official Red Bull Zone, and people dressed in costumes will run the detour with you!
All marathon participants will receive the following:
- Official gender-specific full-zip jacket, made of technical moisture-wicking material (perfect for running!)
- Personalized race number (register by September 1, 2017)
- Official Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma Race Bag
- Option of a variety of samples for race bag
- On-course entertainment from some of Tulsa’s 50 best bands
- Support from 15 aid stations offering water, Gatorade, and gels (1 aid station)
- Full color participant guide
- 26.2 (or 26.5) miles of fun!
All marathon finishers will receive:
- An epic finisher’s medal demonstrating your huge accomplishment! (First time marathoners will receive a special “My First Marathon” medal)
- Electronic Finisher’s Certificate
- Post-race party with great hot food, beverages (water, gatorade, pepsi and Michelob Ultra, and some of Tulsa’s best live music!
Marathon Maniacs and 50 States Marathon Club
We’re proud to welcome members of the Marathon Maniacs and the 50 States Marathon Club for a marathon-sized reunion each year! No race rolls out the red carpet for these frequent marathoners and half marathoners quite like we do. Click here to get more information about all of the incredible perks we offer FREE to club members!
For those participants who want to experience all of the marathon course but aren’t quite ready to complete the entire event, we offer the marathon relay! Teams of five runners complete relay legs of 5-6 miles each and finish the marathon together! Click here for more information.
The Double – Marathon and 5k
If the marathon isn’t enough of a challenge, consider signing up for the “the Double!” Participants will receive special pricing on the marathon and 5k when registering for both at the same time. Click here for more information on our 5k event and click here to register!
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is run on a USATF certified course.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is a Boston Qualifier.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is electronically timed.
- Participants in the marathon must be at least 16 years old on race day.
- Strollers are not allowed in the marathon.
- Animals are not allowed on the course, with the exception of pre-approved certified service animals.
- Walkers are welcome in all Williams Route 66 Marathon races.
- Download Course Maps Here
All Marathon and Half Marathon Participants will receive:
- 2017 Williams Route 66 Marathon Full zip Jacket
- Personalized Bib for participants that register prior to September 1, 2017
Please review our participant entry shirt policies and sizing chart prior to registering.
All Marathon Finishers will receive:
- Finisher’s Medal
- Participants that register for the before September 1, 2017 will receive a personalized race bib.
- Participants finishing their first marathon will receive a special “My First Marathon” Finisher’s Medal.
- Online Printable Finisher’s Certificate
- Access to the Finisher’s Food Tent
- Water, Gatorade, Pepsi products, including Muscle Milk
- Finish Line Entertainment
|March 31 – May 15||$95.00||$120.00|
|May 16- July 15||$110.00||$135.00|
|July 15 – Aug 31||$115.00||$140.00|
|Sep 1 – Nov 3||$125.00||$150.00|
|Nov 3- Nov 14||$135.00||$160.00|
You must pick up your packet to participate in the Williams Route 66 Marathon.
Packet Pickup will be held at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo on :
Friday November 17, 2017 – 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday November 18, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Cox Business Center
100 Civic Center
Tulsa, OK 74103-3822
Registration will not be available at packet pickup or on race day. Race day packet pickup is not available. Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
The 5K and Fun Run will be run on Saturday November 18, 2017.
The 5K and Fun Run start and finish at Guthrie Green.
- The 5K Run and Walk starts at 8:00 a.m.
- The Fun Run and Walk starts at 9:00a.m.
- The Mascot Dash starts at 9:30 a.m.
The Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay will be run on Sunday November 19, 2017.
The Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay start at 7th and Main and finish at Guthrie Green.
- All Sunday races start at 8:00 a.m.
Course Time Limit
- The marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 6 1/2 hours.
- The half marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 3 1/4 hours.
- Participants taking over 15 minutes per mile may be asked to move to the sidewalk.
- The electronic timing system will remain open for 7 1/2 hours.
- Everyone finishing in 7 1/2 hours will receive an official finishing time.
- We do not guarantee that the Gatorade or Medical Aid Stations will be open longer than the 15 minute per mile pace.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon uses electronic timing systems to ensure that everyone receives an accurate time.
- Per USATF Rule 245.1, Open Men's and Women's and Master Men's and Women's top three awards will be based on gun time. (the order in which the athletes cross the finish line)
- All other awards will be based on the electronic timing system time. (the actual time elapsed between an athlete reaching the starting line and finish line)
- Participants are eligibile for one award. Award winners in the Open and Masters divisions will be excluded from age-group and weight class awards.
Based on Gun Time
Open Male, Open Female, Masters Male, Masters Female Open Wheelchair Male, Open Wheelchair Female
Based on Electronic Time
Age Group Awards (Male and Female):
Under 15, 15-19, 20-24,25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49,50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Based on Electronic Time
Clydesdale Awards: 170-184, 185-199, 200-214, 215-229, 230+ Athena Awards: 145+
Pace GroupsFleet Feet Sports Tulsa is pleased to provide pace teams and coaches for the Williams Route 66 Marathon. You can register for a pace group at the Health and Fitness Expo. Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your marathon pace team 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:25, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00 Half Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your half marathon pace team 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:45 5K Pace Groups (Minutes) 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 40 Please click here to see our list of frequently asked questions about pace groups.
Please read carefully before registering for any event.
To produce a world class marathon, the Williams Route 66 Marathon must coordinate our efforts and plan well in advance, making it difficult and costly to make changes after registration. Medals, bibs, shirts and other items are ordered months before the race and purchased according to the original information provided during registration. Many items are personalized to the individual and the race. As a result, and similar to other races in the industry, the Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds of registration fees for any reason. In addition, certain release forms and emergency content are specific to the individual participant. Transferring such information would be a liability to the participant and the marathon. This policy applies to individuals with injuries, unexpected business, family emergencies, etc. The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds, or transfers to other participants, with no exceptions.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is expected to sell out.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds for any reason.
- Participants may change their race to any race that is not sold out up to 60 days prior to their race for a fee of $15 plus the price difference between what they originally paid and the current price of the race they are transferring to.
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 60 days prior to their race. Participants who cancel their registration will receive a coupon code for 25% of their current years registration fee that can be used when registering for the following years race.
- Anyone caught attempting to purchase another participants entry or participating using another participants entry will be removed from the course, disqualified and banned from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- Anyone caught attempting to sell or selling your registration will result in an immediate disqualification and ban from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- All participants must pickup their packets at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo.
- Race day packet pickup is not available.
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to participate or get to packet pickup can pick up their packet or have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a signed copy of the participant’s registration confirmation to pick up the packet.