A Historic Route. A Legendary Race.
The 2017 Williams Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa, Oklahoma will be run on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
The Williams Route 66 Marathon, presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma, is an extraordinary race that will not disappoint anyone looking for a fun, well organized race with amazing finisher medals, exceptional swag and a beautiful course full of excitement from the confetti start to the party at the finish line
All races at the Williams Route 66 Marathon are expected to sell out. Please register early.
The Williams Route 66 Marathon, presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma is a Boston-qualifying race that is run on a USATF certified course throughout 26.2 miles of the historic and scenic streets of Tulsa. All participants are timed electronically, and first time marathoners will receive a special “My First Marathon” Finisher’s Medal. The Center of the Universe Detour offers a free and optional detour to a unique Tulsa landmark, adding .3 miles to the race.
Marathon Maniacs and 50-States Marathon Club Members- Enjoy FREE VIP!
Members of the Marathon Maniacs and 50-States Marathon Club will experience special perks at the Maniac Corner, which features added race day benefits including a VIP tent with private restrooms, gear check and refreshments. Marathon Maniacs and 50-States Marathon Club members who register before September 1, 2017, and indicate that they are a member of the Club on their registration, will receive a custom personalized club race bib and special club finisher medal indicating their club membership. Please note: Club Members that register after September 1st are not guaranteed a Club Medal and special personalized club bib, but are guaranteed a standard Marathon Finisher Medal.
Whether it’s your first marathon or your 50th marathon, this race will meet your highest expectations.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is run on a USATF certified course.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is a Boston Qualifier.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is electronically timed.
- Participants in the marathon must be at least 16 years old on race day.
- Strollers are not allowed in the marathon.
- Animals are not allowed on the course, with the exception of pre-approved certified service animals.
- Walkers are welcome in all Williams Route 66 Marathon races.
- Download Course Maps Here
All Marathon and Half Marathon Participants will receive:
- 2017 Williams Route 66 Marathon zip Jacket featuring reflective tabs
- Personalized Bib for participants that register prior to September 1, 2017
Please review our participant entry shirt policies and sizing chart prior to registering.
All Marathon Finishers will receive:
- Finisher’s Medal
- Participants that register for the before September 1, 2017 will receive a personalized race bib.
- Participants finishing their first marathon will receive a special “My First Marathon” Finisher’s Medal.
- Online Printable Finisher’s Certificate
- Access to the Finisher’s Food Tent
- Water, Gatorade, Pepsi products, including Muscle Milk
- Finish Line Entertainment
You must pick up your packet to participate in the Williams Route 66 Marathon.
Packet Pickup will be held at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo on :
Friday November 17, 2017 – 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday November 19, 2016 – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Cox Business Center
100 Civic Center
Tulsa, OK 74103-3822
Registration will not be available at packet pickup or on race day. Race day packet pickup is not available. Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- The 5K Run and Walk starts at 8:00 a.m.
- The Fun Run and Walk starts at 9:00a.m.
- The Mascot Dash starts at 9:30 a.m.
- All Sunday races start at 8:00 a.m.
Course Time Limit
- The marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 6 1/2 hours.
- The half marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 3 1/4 hours.
- Participants taking over 15 minutes per mile may be asked to move to the sidewalk.
- The electronic timing system will remain open for 7 1/2 hours.
- Everyone finishing in 7 1/2 hours will receive an official finishing time.
- We do not guarantee that the Gatorade or Medical Aid Stations will be open longer than the 15 minute per mile pace.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon uses electronic timing systems to ensure that everyone receives an accurate time.
- Per USATF Rule 245.1, Open Men's and Women's and Master Men's and Women's top three awards will be based on gun time. (the order in which the athletes cross the finish line)
- All other awards will be based on the electronic timing system time. (the actual time elapsed between an athlete reaching the starting line and finish line)
- Participants are eligibile for one award. Award winners in the Open and Masters divisions will be excluded from age-group and weight class awards.
Based on Gun Time
Open Male, Open Female, Masters Male, Masters Female Open Wheelchair Male, Open Wheelchair Female
Based on Electronic Time
Age Group Awards (Male and Female):
Under 15, 15-19, 20-24,25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49,50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Based on Electronic Time
Clydesdale Awards: 170-184, 185-199, 200-214, 215-229, 230+ Athena Awards: 145+
Pace GroupsFleet Feet Sports Tulsa is pleased to provide pace teams and coaches for the Williams Route 66 Marathon. You can register for a pace group at the Health and Fitness Expo. Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your marathon pace team 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:25, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00 Half Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your half marathon pace team 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:45 5K Pace Groups (Minutes) 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 40 Please click here to see our list of frequently asked questions about pace groups.
Please read carefully before registering for any event.To produce a world class marathon, the Williams Route 66 Marathon must coordinate our efforts and plan well in advance, making it difficult and costly to make changes after registration. Medals, bibs, shirts and other items are ordered months before the race and purchased according to the original information provided during registration. Many items are personalized to the individual and the race. As a result, and similar to other races in the industry, the Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds of registration fees for any reason. In addition, certain release forms and emergency content are specific to the individual participant. Transferring such information would be a liability to the participant and the marathon. This policy applies to individuals with injuries, unexpected business, family emergencies, etc. The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds, or transfers to other participants, with no exceptions.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is expected to sell out.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds for any reason.
- Participants may change their race to any race that is not sold out up to 60 days prior to their race for a fee of $15 plus the price difference between what they originally paid and the current price of the race they are transferring to.
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 60 days prior to their race. Participants who cancel their registration will receive a coupon code for 50% of their current years registration fee that can be used when registering for the following years race.
- Anyone caught attempting to purchase another participants entry or participating using another participants entry will be removed from the course, disqualified and banned from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- Anyone caught attempting to sell or selling your registration will result in an immediate disqualification and ban from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- All participants must pickup their packets at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo.
- Race day packet pickup is not available.
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to participate or get to packet pickup can pick up their packet or have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a signed copy of the participant's registration confirmation to pick up the packet.