Sign up today to Volunteer and Rock the Route!
Thousands of people around the world will train for months to get to the Williams Route 66 Marathon, presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma. However, without the help of volunteers, these individuals are unable to cross the starting line, much less the finish line, which is why we need you to be a HERO to our participants and help them to achieve their goals.
Coordinating a successful marathon is a major undertaking that is simply not possible without the heart and soul of more than 2,000 volunteers.
From humor to encouragement, every volunteer brings his or her own personality to the race. Whether passing out t-shirts, passing out water or awarding competitors with a medal, each role is equally important – and rewarding. Volunteers at the Williams Route 66 Marathon return to assist year after year, making lifelong friends and creating moments that last forever.
Volunteers can also rest assured that their efforts enhance Tulsa and its local economy. The races have an economic impact of over $10,000,000 each year. As an added bonus, the Williams Route 66 Marathon benefits the following local charities.
2017 Official Charities
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Folds of Honor Foundation
- Tulsa Habitat for Humanity
- Tulsa Area United Way
- Tulsa Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Route 66 Experience Museum
- The ALS Association – Oklahoma Chapter
All volunteers will receive the following:
- 2017 Volunteer Medal (photo to be unveiled soon)
- 2017 Williams Route 66 Marathon Volunteer T-Shirt
- Goodie Bag
- Invitation to our Volunteer Thank You Party