The 2016 Williams Route 66 Marathon Relay will be run on Sunday November 20, 2016.
All races at the Williams Route 66 Marathon are expected to sell out. Please register early.
The Williams Route 66 Marathon Relay consists of five legs, with distances varying from 5 to 5.6 miles in length. This consistent distance allows team members to train together as a team, making it the perfect corporate initiative. Racers will compete on a USATF certified course while being electronically timed. Although strollers are not allowed, visually impaired individuals can compete with a seeing-eye dog. Walkers are welcome in all Williams Route 66 Marathon races.
Each team must have between three and five different participants that are at least 12 years old. Team members running more than one relay leg must run consecutive legs. Individuals are allowed to register for both the marathon or half marathon in addition to the relay. However, these “double runners” are required to run the first relay leg (or the first two relay legs) and then continue with their individual race. “Double runners” must register and pay for both events. After they have completed their relay leg(s), they will be required to switch their race number back to the individual race number.
Invite your co-workers, friends and family to build a relay team today. Then register your team for the marathon relay – right away!
Marathon Relay Information
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon Relay is run on a USATF certified course. (OK-09071-DG)
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is electronically timed.
- The marathon relay consists of 5 legs.
- Each team must have between 3 and 5 members.
- Team members running more than one leg must run consecutive legs.
- Participants in the marathon or half marathon may run the first leg or first two legs of the relay and continue with their individual race. Participants running in both the relay and an individual race must register and pay for both the relay and the individual race and should switch their race number back to the individual race after they complete their relay leg.
- Participants in the marathon relay must be at least 12 years old on race day.
- Strollers are not allowed in the relay.
- Animals other than seeing eye dogs are not allowed on the course.
- Walkers are welcome in all Williams Route 66 Marathon races.
- Download Course Maps Here
Marathon Relay Shuttle Information
Shuttle buses will be provided from Guthrie Green to the relay exchanges zones. You must be wearing a marathon relay race number to board the bus. Spectators are not allowed on the marathon relay shuttle buses. Shuttle service is only available between Guthrie Green and the designated relay exchange point. You cannot ride the shuttle from one exchange point to another without going back to Guthrie Green.
The Marathon Relay shuttle buses will leave approximately every 30 minutes as needed. You should arrive at the Guthrie Green shuttle stop at least one hour before you expect to start running your leg of the relay. You are responsible for getting to the exchange zone on time. The timing of the relay shuttle service is not guaranteed.
Marathon Relay Legs
|1||5.15 Miles||7th and Main St.||Woodward Park|
|2||5.6 Miles||Woodward Park||21st and Riverside Drive|
|3||5 Miles||21st and Riverside Drive||19th and St. Louis Ave.|
|4||5 Miles||19th and St. Louis Ave.||6th and Gary Ave.|
|5||5.45 Miles||6th and Gary Ave.||Guthrie Green|
All relay leg distances are approximate and subject to change.
All Participants will receive
- 2016 Williams Route 66 Marathon Participant Shirt (Technical Wicking Shirt)
- Goodie Bag with product samples and coupons.
Please review our participant entry shirt policies and sizing charts prior to registering.
All Marathon Relay Finishers will receive
- Finisher’s Medal
- Online Printable Finisher’s Certificate
Marathon Relay Pricing
|2/1/16 through 4/26/16||
Packet PickupPacket Pickup will be held at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo. Friday November 18, 2016 - 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday November 19, 2016 - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Cox Business Center 100 Civic Center Tulsa, OK 74103-3822 Registration will not be available at packet pickup or on race day. Race day packet pickup is not available. Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- The 5K Run and Walk starts at 8:00 a.m.
- The Fun Run and Walk starts at 9:00a.m.
- The Mascot Dash starts at 9:30 a.m.
- All Sunday races start at 8:00 a.m.
Course Time Limit
- The marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 6 1/2 hours.
- The half marathon course will remain closed to traffic for 3 1/4 hours.
- Participants taking over 15 minutes per mile may be asked to move to the sidewalk.
- The electronic timing system will remain open for 7 1/2 hours.
- Everyone finishing in 7 1/2 hours will receive an official finishing time.
- We do not guarantee that the Gatorade or Medical Aid Stations will be open longer than the 15 minute per mile pace.
Marathon Relay Awards and Divisions
Awards will be presented to all relay team members in the following relay divisions.
All relay awards are based on electronic time.
Male, Female, Mixed (At least 2-Female)
Teams with less than one female participant must compete in the male division.
All Participants 40 and over.
Male, Female, Mixed (At least 2-Female)
Teams with less than one female participant must compete in the male disivion.
Pace GroupsFleet Feet Sports Tulsa is pleased to provide pace teams and coaches for the Williams Route 66 Marathon. You can register for a pace group at the Health and Fitness Expo. Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your marathon pace team 3:30, 3:40, 3:50, 4:00, 4:15, 4:25, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00 Half Marathon Pace Groups (Hour:Minutes) Get to know your half marathon pace team 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:45 5K Pace Groups (Minutes) 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 40 Please click here to see our list of frequently asked questions about pace groups.
Please read carefully before registering for any event.To produce a world class marathon, the Williams Route 66 Marathon must coordinate our efforts and plan well in advance, making it difficult and costly to make changes after registration. Medals, bibs, shirts and other items are ordered months before the race and purchased according to the original information provided during registration. Many items are personalized to the individual and the race. As a result, and similar to other races in the industry, the Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds of registration fees for any reason. In addition, certain release forms and emergency content are specific to the individual participant. Transferring such information would be a liability to the participant and the marathon. This policy applies to individuals with injuries, unexpected business, family emergencies, etc. The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds, or transfers to other participants, with no exceptions.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon is expected to sell out.
- The Williams Route 66 Marathon does not offer refunds for any reason.
- Participants may change their race to any race that is not sold out up to 60 days prior to their race for a fee of $15 plus the price difference between what they originally paid and the current price of the race they are transferring to.
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 60 days prior to their race. Participants who cancel their registration will receive a coupon code for 50% of their current years registration fee that can be used when registering for the following years race.
- Anyone caught attempting to purchase another participants entry or participating using another participants entry will be removed from the course, disqualified and banned from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- Anyone caught attempting to sell or selling your registration will result in an immediate disqualification and ban from participating in the Route 66 Marathon for two years.
- All participants must pickup their packets at the Williams Route 66 Marathon Health, Fitness and Sustainability Expo.
- Race day packet pickup is not available.
- Packets cannot be mailed to participants.
- Participants unable to participate or get to packet pickup can pick up their packet or have someone else pick up their packet for them. Their representative must show a signed copy of the participant's registration confirmation to pick up the packet.