Maniac Corner features the following free race day benefits for members of the Marathon Maniacs, Half Fanatics and 50-States Marathon Club.
- Private VIP Tent and fenced in outdoor area with volunteers to make sure you have a great experience.
- Professional group photo before the start of the race, made available at no-charge to members.
- Private Restrooms
- Private Gear Check
- Private supply of post-race food, Gatorade, water, soft drinks and lots of beer
- Recognition of all three clubs prior to the start of the race
- Complimentary booth at the health and fitness expo where the three clubs can promote their organizations and hand out wrist bands to their members for access to Maniac Corner.
The Maniac Corner draws runners from across the country to the Williams Route 66 Marathon. Terry Nelson, from Kansas City, is a member of both Marathon Maniacs and the 50 States Marathon Club and has run more than 50 marathons. “Maniac Corner was one of the reasons I decided to run Route 66,” Nelson said. “I had already run the Oklahoma City race, but I have a sister in Tulsa, so I decided to come to this race. The Williams Route 66 did a great job of welcoming us, and Maniac Corner was great.”
Andrea Amend from Wisconsin became a Maniac with the Williams Route 66 Marathon. “I came here because of Maniac Corner,” Amend said. “It was an excellent experience, with places to sit and personal gear check.”
Specialized medals available
Members who register for the marathon before September 1, 2014 and indicate that they are a member of Marathon Maniacs, Half Fanatics or 50-States Marathon Club will receive a custom race number and special marathon finisher medal indicating their membership.
Please note that members of both clubs must select one club for their race number and medal. The special finisher medal will be provided in place of the regular finisher medal that other participants will receive. See the example images below from 2011. Members participating in the half marathon and marathon relay will receive the standard race numbers and medals.