Celebrate National Running Day with the Williams Route 66 Marathon and Fleet Feet Sports on June 6.
This year's National Running Day is on Wednesday, June 6, and we encourage you to declare your passion. National Running Day is held annually on the first Wednesday of June. The holiday is a collaborative effort to help bring awareness to the sport of running.
To celebrate, we’re hosting a two-mile and five-mile fun run with Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa.
The event will be held at the Fleet Feet Sports Blue Dome store at 6 p.m. There will be a post-event party in the parking lot behind the store with burgers and hot dogs from Fat Guys, beer, water and Gatorade.
The post-event party will also feature Route 66 Marathon logo-ed gear from past races to be given away.
National Running Day is a great opportunity to remind others that running is simple, inexpensive and fun. Long distance runners may choose this day to recommit, and even walkers can slip in a short jog within their daily routine. Here are some great ways to participate in National Running Day:
- Declare your passion. It's time to remind the world that you're a runner. You can promote and interact with National Running Day on its official Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Lace up at lunch. Fit in a short run during your workday. Don't forget to bring a co-worker.
- Replace your Happy Hour with a Running Hour. Wind down with an evening run after work. You'll feel proud of burning calories instead of consuming calories.
- Set a new running goal. Keep the fire alive with a new target goal. National Running Day is a great day to register for the Williams Route 66 Marathon.
- Inspire someone else to run. Help a friend discover the joys of running.
Help us remind others that running is more than a sport; it's a pastime with benefits. It creates a foundation for good health and increased self-esteem.