Siegfried Health Club membership now available, seminars slated
In support of the Williams Route 66 Marathon family of events, St. John Siegfried Health Club is granting access to all gym facilities at a reduced rate for new members participating in the November events.
Special marathon membership includes:
- Full access to the club beginning on Sept. 6 through marathon weekend (Nov. 19-20).
- Access to pools and classes.
- New member intake assessment that includes endurance testing, strength and flexibility measurements and blood pressure and body composition testing (value of $125).
- Private consultation with exercise physiologist.
The cost for the special Route 66 membership will be $135. Individuals can sign up by visiting the Health Club front desk, 1819 E. 19th St., Mary K. Chapman Health Plaza Building on the St. John campus and must bring their Route 66 event registration confirmation to enroll.
Additionally, current members of the St. John Siegfried Health Club receive a 10 percent discount on race registrations. Members of the health club can simply inquire at the club’s front desk for the discount code.
Route 66 Marathon seminar series:
The Club will also hold a Route 66 Marathon-St. John Health Club three-part seminar series for runners. Topics will include:
- “The secret behind running and proper body mechanics” on Tuesday, Sept. 13
- “The importance of cross-training while training for a race” on Tuesday, Sept. 20
- “Nutrition for runners” on Tuesday, Sept. 27
All seminars are free and open to the public. Each seminar will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will take place in the Robinson-LaFortune Room at St. John Siegfried Health Club. For more information on the seminar series or health club membership, visit www.stjohnhealthclub.com.